Friday, February 12, 2010

Indie Rock My Valentine


Well I don't have a "valentine" but I love you all. And I'm not sure if I had a girlfriend I would even celebrate this "holiday". The things people do to celebrate Valentine's day are literally things they should be doing like every other weekend or so. It's a shame if you can only get it up once a year buddy.

Now, I shall woo you with my "would be" Valentine playlist!

(not ALL these are "indie" and/or "rock" but most are)

"Burn, Don't Freeze" - Sleater-Kinney
"Arrow" - Tegan & Sara
"Electric Feel" - MGMT
"Lost Without You" - Robin Thicke
"Valentine" - Kina Grannis
"Love Gun" - The Cliks
"Lay Lady Lay" - Bob Dylan
"I Want You" - The Beatles
"Autograph" - Sick of Sarah
"Sex Type Thing" - Stone Temple Pilots
"And I" - Ciara
"Your Little Secret" - Melissa Etheridge
"I Can Be" - Aaliyah
"Dance With Me" - Hot Hot Heat
"What It Is To Burn" - Finch
"Catch & Release" - Silversun Pickups
"Skin On Skin" - Queens of the Stone Age
"Hold The Door" - Armor For Sleep
"Ocean Avenue" - Yellowcard
"Still In Love" - The Stills

ok....so all these aren't exactly "love" songs. But they express what we are feeling at any given moment around this time: love, lust, anger, regret and frustration. This post is for everyone, not just those in love.


So check out these songs. Maybe you'll just fall in love with your ipod all over again. When's the last time you showed your itunes some appreciation? Told it to play something new? Well me and my Walkman have a hot date! Later days dudes!

No comments: