Friday, May 21, 2010

Everything You Need to Know: Sick of Sarah

by Heather Patterson

Sick of Sarah is an all female band out of Minneapo....booorrrrring.

You can read their bio dozens of different places, the story behind their name, their influences, that's all in the bio on their facebook , the bottom line is YOU HAVE TO CHECK OUT THIS BAND. I promise you will not be disappointed. Their music is catchy alt pop-rock combined with interesting, heart-felt lyrics.

I first heard of this band about a year ago when I saw Abisha on Brunch With Bridget, of course a few minutes of Abisha and anyone would want more. I immediately started checking them out and by the end of the first time I watched the music video for "Bittersweet" I was in love. Abisha, Katie, Jessie, Jamie and Jessica are talented, unique, hilarious, super sweet, and let's face it, smoking hot. I saw them live for the first time in September 2009 and I was blown away! These girls are AMAZING live. I've been to a lot of concerts and shows, but I have never seen a band that is as fun to watch as Sick Of Sarah, there is nothing I can say here that would do their live show justice, it's something you need to see for yourself. And make sure you don't leave without meeting them, they're very approachable and so nice. I adore each and every one of these girls, they're the sweetest people I know and even let me pretend we're friends.
Sick of Sarah is in the studio in El Paso now recording their next CD and I couldn't be more excited. They previewed some of the new stuff on their most recent tour and HOLY SH!T, so good....so so good. So check them out, buy the music, check out their HILARIOUS youtube vids and go see them as soon as you can.

If you've never heard them, start here:
Kickback (Youtube)
Kiss Me (youtube)
Bittersweet
Fall
Not Listening
Mr. Incredible
Autograph (youtube)
Breakdown
Common Mistake
Hardest Part

~ Heather Patterson (http://twitter.com/Heather_D_)

photo by Amber Mcdonald (http://photo.ambermcdonald.net/)

footage by Karyn Brawley

No comments: